Job Title – Design Engineer
Vacancy type – Contract – Long term
Rates – Competetive hourly rate + overtime
Location – East Birmingham
Automotive – Catia V5 – Interior Trim
Main Function / Purpose of role
- Creating design data together with the engineering team to ensure that product designs are manufacturing and tool feasible.
- Ensuring that design solutions meet the program specification requirements.
- Designing according to our companies internal & customer specifications
- Comply with our company’s policies and procedures.
Scope of role
- Creating the CAD data according the inputs given by product engineering & customer data.
- Cooperate with PDT to achieve design feasibility.
- Ensures that product designs consider: Design for assembly, Design for manufacture, Quality functional deployment, Finite element analysis data, Dimensional variation analysis (in conjunction with DVA specialist).
- Support PDT in engineering changes.
- Creates additional data sets as required by the program e.g. 2D drawing, section book, visualization files, exploded views etc. acc. Our company internal & customer requirements
- Pulling out and archiving CAD data into internal and customer based data applications (e.g. PDM systems)
- Participates in design review meetings
- Support all general activities within his / her scope of work.
Preferred Education & Experiences to fulfil role (essential & desirable)
- Bachelor degree in design/Automotive/Engineering, or equivalent vocational related experience
- 2 years related experience in automotive interior design. Experience working on automotive door programs would be beneficial.
- 2 years’ experience using Catia V5 system related to automotive interior design.
- Working knowledge of role-related technical skills: GD&T, DFM, DFA, CAE/FEA
- Knowledge of customer requirements and manufacturing product and processes.
- Experience in surface development desirable.
- Knowledge in plastic engineering tooling and manufacturing
- In-depth knowledge of company product and manufacturing processes.
- Fluent English.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960514882