This is an exciting opportunity to join an International company and world leader in engineered polymer solutions as Applications Engineer. Offering a competitive salary of up to £32,000 p.a. plus 15% annual bonus, company benefits and flexi-time, working hours are 37.5 hours per week within core times of Mon to Thurs 9 am to 4 pm and Fri 9 am to 12 noon.
Candidates are not expected to possess complete industry knowledge but must have a relevant degree or technical qualification such as Mechanical Engineering.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the role is primarily an interface with the customer concerning technical matters by providing technical advice, directly or via the sales teams. The Application Engineer’s role can be specific to a market segment or multiple markets segments and thereby encompasses the potential for dealing with a large range of applications.
To work as part of the UK team in contributing towards the achievement of company objectives.
- Providing customers with a professional service, via e-mail and telephone, concerning all technical aspects and for the total product range in an accurate and timely manner
- Giving technical advice and recommendations regarding the specific customer application, often involving visits to/by customers, normally with, but on occasion without, external sales representation
- Ensuring proposed products will achieve technical compliance with customer, company and international standards and specifications
- Working with customers, company UK customer service teams, company central quality and suppliers on technical non-conformities to identify root cause and prevent recurrence
- Initiating and coordinating additional activities such as testing and FEA in support of customer needs
- Producing CAD drawings when necessary to support technical proposals
- Ensuring that manufacturing teams have all available and necessary information to allow fit for function when designing or specifying a product
- Representing the marketing company at technical meetings with Company and external suppliers
- Conducting technical presentations and training for both customers and internal staff on the product range and capabilities
- Any other duties as reasonably required
Knowledge and Skills
- An engineering or other relevant technical qualification to HND or higher or with comparable demonstrated experience
- Detailed knowledge of company products
- Ability to comprehend engineering drawings and technical specifications
- Root cause analysis and reporting, such as 8D and 5 Why
- Operational knowledge of latest CAD systems. (NX, Catia)
- FEA (Marc. Abaqus)
- Computer literate/keyboard skills
- Project management skills
Solihull, West Midlands
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960517700