Refurb - repairs & planned programmes of work
An award winning, diverse business, dedicated to delivering high levels of housing repairs, maintenance and construction across the Midlands.
- To provide operational staff with commercial advice, determining risks and maximising opportunities.
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities.
- Prepare and submit detailed monthly valuations to the client.
- Prepare detailed estimates, interim and final accounts.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Allocating work to sub-contractors.
- Provide advice on legal and contractual claims/issues.
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
- Value completed work and arrange payments.
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in use.
- Interact with Contract/Operational managers to investigate potential improvements in information provided to clients.
- Prepare Work in Progress reports, review completeness and recovering of such costs.
- Must have considerable experience in carrying out a similar role within housing
- Must demonstrate experience and understanding of construction methods
- Fantastic commercial acumen
- Experience in working to agreed targets within a commercial environment
- A clear understanding of HSE building regulations and legal guidelines
- Minimum HND or equivalent - Quantity Surveying
- Competitive package
- Personal Development
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960517689