Senior Advisor - Domestic Sales
The Senior Domestic Sales Advisor will be responsible for acquiring new residential electricity and gas energy supply contracts, whilst also helping the Sales Manager run a high performing, fully compliant sales team.
Contracts are verbally agreed as a result of Inbound and/or Outbound contact with potential and existing customers. This activity will be phone based. The Senior Advisor will also be responsible for upholding quality in all communication with customers, both personally and also within the Domestic Sales team.
My Client operates from 8.00am to 8.00pm Monday to Friday and from 9.00am to 5.00pm on Saturday on a shift basis. For this role my cleitn will offer a range of flexible working opportunities
- To provide operational leadership for a cohort of up to 10 Domestic Sales Advisors, including day to day management, compliance feedback, and coaching
- To support Domestic Sales Manager in providing operational help and guidance to Domestic Sales Agents
- To assist Domestic Sales Manager in resolving customer complaints
- To create accurate records containing all relevant information to required standards
- To help Domestic Sales Advisors provide excellent customer experience by exceeding their expectations and delivering products in a compliant manner
- To achieve sales targets and standards at all times, providing a professional and knowledgeable approach.
- To ensure all team practices are conducted in a fully compliant way, including, but not limited to, following OFGEM, OFCOM and ICO (DPA) regulations.
- To develop and maintain a good understanding of the systems, and processes available to ensure an excellent customer experience.
- To identify and apply opportunities to develop and improve skills, seeking assistance to acquire new skills and maintaining a record of own development and call observations.
- To be prepared to work within any area of the Sales team, projects and initiatives at short notice to support the changing needs of the business
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Customer Contact centre experience
- Detailed knowledge of account plus desirable but not essential
- Flexibility to work within a developing and demanding sales environment
- Experience of working in a utility company desirable but not essential
- Experience within a customer service call centre environment preferred. Inbound and outbound call handing preferred, including working to targets.
- Handling resolution of complaints desirable.
- Computer literate, particularly in MS Office and/or service request software
- Strong communication skills, particularly verbal.
- Ability to listen attentively, identifying important information and capture that data accurately.
- Problem solving and flexibility.
- Proven track record in result delivery.
- Basic numeracy and literacy (Ideally GSCE grade C or above)
- Learns and shares knowledge
- Manage relationships
- Adapt to change
- Customer focused
- Contribute to building an effective and cohesive team by taking ownership for own performance, maintaining a positive attitude at all times, meeting attendance requirements and being flexible to meet business requirements as the need arises.
- To participate in team meetings, providing a positive contribution.
- Remains calm under pressure, commands respect, has the confidence of their colleagues and can communicate effectively at all levels.
- Continuously pursue high standards, embrace change, recognise improvement opportunities and learn from experience.
- Self-motivated and self-starting
- Understanding of the need to follow compliance and regulatory processes
To find out more then please contact Mark Bryan from our Birmingham Office.