Assistant Facilities Manager (Soft Services)
Interserve is recruiting for an Assistant Facilities Manager to support the Facilities Manager to provide contracted service at College of Policing Ryton. The role will report directly to the Facilities Manager and will be responsible for a number of service lines on the contract including security, cleaning, reception, porterage and housekeeping. College of Policing has is very much a hospitality driven environment. Due to the nature of the site, the successful candidate will be required to complete a high level security check before commencing the role.
We are offering a competitive salart, Pension, 25 days holidays as well as retail discounted offers.
- Carry out any reasonable requests from the management team requests.
- Overall responsibility for delivery of back of house and front of house services including but not limited to cleaning, housekeeping, porterage, Security
- Operate as the subject matter expert in relation to the above services
- Provide support to the lead housekeeper for cleaning services ensuring induction, training and audits are completed and recorded
- Responsible for the people management of direct reports including appraisals and reviews.
- Responsible for recruitment, induction and training.
- To schedule all reactive and periodic activities relating to the above services to the correct resource, paying attention to contractual requirements.
- Implement an effective cleaning stock control and ordering system to align to local budgets, flagging any impacts to budget by overspend
- Accurately record all actions taken on the required systems to ensure a full audit trail
- Ensure that staffing and resource is managed in the most effective way, adjusting to changes in service delivery and customer demand
- To identify opportunities for continual improvement to service delivery, initiating changes to the benefit of the customer, liaising with internal and operational management teams to gain buy in across all departments and service delivery areas
- To ensure that the team are fully equipped to complete their tasks through regular training, coaching and development activities
- To comply fully with all Interserve and client Safe Systems of Work, Standards, Policies & Procedures.
- Compile management reports. Assist with and carry out audits as required for internal or external requirements.
- Attend client meetings as necessary.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
- Deputise for the FM during periods of leave or time away from site.
What we are looking for
- An experienced manager with proven track record in delivering exceptional service.
- Knowledge and experience of managing cleaning, porterage and Security services.
- A sound understanding of different approaches to cleaning.
- Flexible approach to working hours and a team player
- Committed, organised and highly experienced in staff management and motivation.
- Experience of working in a busy and challenging workplace / work environment..
- Excellent organisational skills.
- SIA Licensed to manage security service delivery
- SIA badge or be prepared to obtain this once in the role.
- A professionally recognised FM qualification (e.g. BIFM).
- A professionally recognised H&S qualification (e.g. IOSH / NEBOSH)
- A professionally recognised Cleaning qualification (e.e. BICS)
- Hospitality Experience
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80933416