Responsiblefor the delivery and development of retail catering services for a busy hospital site with the management of our catering brandstandards as well as a high street branded coffee shop offer. Serving up a great customerexperience is at the heart of what we do and key to the success of ouroperations.
- Lead and manage the QSHE (Quality, Safety, Health and Environment) and food handling processes within our catering standards.
- Understand and meet the needs of a customer ensuring delivery of portion control is delivered effectively every serve, and right first time.
- Communicate regularly with the client and customers you are responsible for across your unit/units.
- Ensure that customer complaints are resolved to the customer satisfaction and action is taken promptly to prevent reoccurrence.
- Manage the P&L accounts, including assisting with the preparation of the Annual Budget, achieving and maintaining food cost within the unit to our catering standards.
- Improve standards of service and quality of food spotting opportunities to make improvements.
- Promote the unit and act as a company brand ambassador at all times.
- Supervise, co-ordinate, motivate, train and work with your team to provide a quality service.
- Plan and produce duty rosters ensuring effective and economic deployment of the team, ensuring the management of both back of and front of house service provision.
- Plan, organise and monitor controls of food quality, presentation and service.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment is maintained at all times.
- Prepare food using fresh ingredients, prepare menus and develop recipes.
- Ensure all team members are working in line with current legislation at all times.
- Operate, utilise and manage relevant catering IT systems (i.e. EPOS, Saffron) as appropriate.
What we are looking for
- Proven track record in the successful provision of catering services is essential.
- Supervisory/Management skills.
- Relevant professional catering qualification.
- Good understanding of budgets and previous experience of managing budgets or P&L’s
- Appropriate level of numeracy/literacy/communication skills to perform role duties.
- Passionate about delivering great customer service.
- Ability to work well in a team or under your own initiative.
- Ability to be flexible and take on different tasks as and when required.
- High standards and an eye for detail.
- Hard working, energetic and confident.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Great time management.
- Possess excellent financial acumen.
- Excellent people manager with the ability to create positive cultural change.
- Remain positive even when under pressure.
- Delegation of tasks as required, utilising resources efficiently, with sound organisation skills.
Additional job board text
Interserve’s vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of c.80,000 people worldwide. We are committed to equal opportunities for all.
With over 500 accounts, 30000 employees and a turnover of more than £500 million, Commercial is the largest business unit within Support Services. Our operations are focused on the provision of facilities management services to non-industrial private sector clients, ranging from accountants to zoos.
Autograph is the catering brand of Interserve. The Autograph Brand identity aims to create inspiring food offers, as unique as our customers, so they leave with a smile and always want to return.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80929231