Vehicle Development Engineer - 34658
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Development Engineer - 34658 - up to £21.72/hr Ltd - Vehicle Engineering
A Vehicle Development Engineer is required to work for a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire.
Playing a key role in the fast-paced delivery of Automated Driving, this Development Engineer role offers a great opportunity to work in this exciting and challenging area of Vehicle Engineering.
The successful candidate will develop and use virtual and physical Tools and Techniques in the development and validation of Automated Driving. As well as a chance to be in at the start of this Attribute, this role will involve you in a range of activities within the department and working with other key teams across the business.
- Work with the Lead Engineer to create a state-of-the art Physical and Virtual Toolset for the development and validation of Automated Driving.
- Work cross-functionally to deliver this toolset efficiently.
- Create and continually develop validation methods that ensure high customer satisfaction and increase business efficiency and product quality.
- Support feature definition through a combination of virtual simulation, physical prototyping and objective competitor benchmarking.
- Develop test plans that ensure product robustness through consideration of complex interactions and noise factor analysis.
3 KEY SKILLS
Vehicle evaluation, calibration and validationStrong analytical skills, data capture and post-processing techniquesMatlab / Simulink / C+ or similar
- Vehicle test experience, in Vehicle Dynamics, Control Systems or similar.
- Experience in using Matlab / Simulink and IPG CarMaker (or similar).
- Ability to develop productive relationships with stakeholders throughout the business.
- Valid Driving License.
- Relevant Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Worked in a team environment
- Have high-level awareness of vehicle architecture and modern automotive technologies
- Be organised and self-motivated.
- Able to prioritise effectively and work to demanding deadlines with minimum supervision Good written and verbal communication skills.
In return for your experience we can offer:
- Long term contract initially until March 2019 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
For more information and to apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960511422