Senior Networks and Compliance Engineer
As one of the most recognised brands in the world, our client strives to design and build outstanding products built to stand the test of time and to outshine the competition in regards to quality. Safety, comfort and endurance.
We are currently looking to expand the engineering capability and bring in a Senior Networks and Compliance Engineer for the site in Staffordshire.
Main focus of the role
The Senior Networks and Compliance Engineer will report in to Group Electrical and Electronic Engineering, the successful candidate will join a highly focussed and passionate team leading the delivery of electrical and electronic engineering across the business.
As Senior Networks and Compliance Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Group E+E Senior Compliance Engineer - reviewing Electrical +Electronic content of all group NPIP (New Project Introduction Process) projects against the NPIP deliverables to ensure robust delivery
- Will need to work closely with business units regarding Electrical and Electronic deliverables and Functional safety deliverables to support the TR (Technology readiness) process
- Keep status trackers up to date, showing current status of all responsible projects
- Work with, and coach, the engineering teams who are responsible for delivering the required project deliverables around the UK and globe
- Facilitate the engineering teams to ensure efficient and robust delivery to complex E+E systems
- Running workshops, reviews as required, driving projects forward and collecting the required evidence
- Identifying project technical and timing risks and potential mitigations
- Drive re-use of components and approaches
- Help develop our NPIP and TR process to drive more efficient delivery, seamless reporting and reducing issues and change
Required Experience & qualifications
The ideal candidate for the role of Senior Networks and Compliance Engineer will have a minimum of HNC level qualification in an electrical/electronic discipline. You will have experience with CAN network analysis or simulation tools such as Canalyser and the vector suite, an understanding of different network standards, especially CAN and J1939 is required for this role. Applicants will have worked in OEM or tier 1 supplier on CAN based systems, and will have ideally worked on CAN network strategy and validation within an OEM.
As Senior Networks and Compliance Engineer you will have good problem solving and investigation skills. You will have a keen interest and good basic understanding of vehicle electrical systems. Candidates will also have a keen interest and basic understanding of vehicle data network systems especially CAN systems.