Care and Support Worker
Care and Support Worker
Noble House, Worcester
£8.03 to £8.28 per hour (dependent on qualifications)
35 hours per week – on a rotating shift pattern
Why work for us?
Extra care services provide comfort, independence and peace of mind. Residents live independently, safe in the knowledge that support is available in their home should they need it. Spacious apartments with on-site communal facilities create an environment where residents can enjoy healthy, active, and independent lifestyles in their later years.
We are seeking a Care and Support Worker to make a real difference to the lives of our residents. Noble House is part of a new purpose built development, Sanctuary Grove, offering a mix of 60 one or two bed independent living apartments and on-site services. If you want to make a positive impact to people’s lives, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team.
Please click here for further information on Noble House
The role of Care and Support Worker will include:
- Providing a high level of care and support for service users to enable them to maximise their own potential and level of independence
- Assisting and encouraging service users to access and maintain a level of integration into the wider community
- Working with service users and other staff members to ensure a clean and comfortable environment
Skills and experiences:
- A Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (or equivalent), or willing to work towards
- Person-centred approach, ideally with experience of working in a similar care related role
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a strong “can-do” attitude
- Strong organisational skills, as well as functional literacy and numeracy
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 28 days paid holiday (including public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent is 37.5 hours
To view the full job profile click here
Closing Date: 25 April 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Home Care Limited, an exempt charity, is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.