Butler Rose is currently working with an exciting construction business based in Birmingham who are looking to recruit a Financial Controller to join their team
You will be responsible for the efforts and results of the financial department. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in regards to all financial and accounting activities. Overseeing financial department staff in day-to-day operations.
- Oversee all company accounts and investments
- Create weekly, monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Supervise and manage finance department staff, including accountants and financial assistants
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Report to the CEO with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the CEO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience:
- A strong background in the construction industry.
- Working knowledge of a hands-on approach within a Project based company.
- Strong technical skills and advanced use of SAGE Line 50 (essential) and Excel are essential as is the ability to manage workload and meet deadlines.
- Education: Qualified Accountant or able to prove qualification through experience
Want to know more? Please contact Lynsey Rattigan at Butler Rose to hear more about this exciting opportunity, shortlist is being submitted to the client this week
Butler Rose is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Butler Rose Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80911031