I am working on behalf of a successful residential house builder. They typically deliver large scale developments in the West Midlands up to 400 units at a time.
They are seeking a Senior Engineer / Engineering Manager to join their business on a permanent basis.
The role will provide engineering support at all stages of the development process, from initial viability advice to design development.
Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years' industry experience, and looking for opportunities to advance their careers with an award winning house builder.
- Competitive package
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Transparent progression opportunities
- The opportunity to work on some of the most exciting projects in the industry
- Working within an innovative and collaborative team
To be successful in this role, you must have the following:
- Ability to interpret geo-technical report and make recommendations
- Capable of preparing initial site designs and constraints plans at an early stage
- Demonstrate an understanding of the process for procuring new utility proposals
- Understand the CDM regulations and demonstrate a working knowledge
- Manage consultants in preparation of foundations and plot drainage
- Monitor and resolve any CML issues during construction phase to ensure timely completion of plots
- Securing all technical approvals necessary for site starts
- Attend pre tender / pre start meetings
- Extensive experience of engineering issues gained within house building industry e.g. roads and sewers, foundations, land drainage, utilities, etc.
- IT/Computer literate
- Engineering related qualification, degree or equivalent.
- Part of a successful engineering team.
- A high level of proficiency in AutoCad / PDS / Windes / Microdrainage
- Ability to undertake civil engineering design in-house and to manage and assess external designs
- Thorough understanding of technical and regulatory requirements
- Ability to interpret geotechnical and environmental reports and make suitable recommendations
- Demonstrate a track record of producing technical site appraisals
- Thorough knowledge of assessment of ground conditions for foundation and sub-structure design
- Thorough knowledge of remediation techniques and methodology
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise
- Track record of negotiating successful technical approvals
- Undertaking how to create value from design and the impact of the business of design changes
- Established relationships with key enablers in the engineering field
This opportunity offers a competitive salary and benefits and the opportunity to develop your career working on major projects.
If you are interested in the role the please contact Alex Dettmar on 07456 551 456
Job title: Engineering Manager
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + Car + Fuel + Health + Pension
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80904700