Transport Manager, Coventry
Your tasks and responsibilities:
* Managing a number of Team / Support Managers, Transport Clerks & Drivers including all performance / absence management to a timely fashion.
* Working closely with the local Management team, to develop and maintain Best in Class Internal Customer Relations.
* Direct interface with the customer, and their respective subsidiaries, suppliers.
* Providing leadership and effective management within the team so that all objectives and targets are achieved.
* Management of all vehicles to legal requirements, ensuring timely maintenance to keep the fleet moving
* Ensuring effective communications are developed with and between departments, business streams and customers in order to meet objectives within prescribed timescale, attending daily, weekly, monthly and all Project work stream meetings as necessary.
* Coordinating and prioritising activity across the shifts and business streams to ensure customer service requirements
* Achieving department KPI's through effective use of resources and management of staff ensuring liaison within the NDC, other company sites.
* Taking proactive approach to ensure grievance and disciplinary matters are resolved by adopting a consistent, fair and thorough approach and adhering to Health & Safety requirements to provide a safe working environment
Your skills and experience:
* Logistics management experience in a fast moving, multi-customer environment
* Leadership qualities including the ability to enthuse and motivate
* Financial and strategic management experience and commercial awareness
* Excellent analytical, problem solving and project management skills
* Drive, determination and a track record in delivering continuous improvement.
* A strong knowledge of Health & Safety at work
* Experience of managing a strong unionised work force
* People management experience
* Effective written and oral communication
Internaional and National CPC
Exposure to new site set up
Recruiting a similar role?
Bis Henderson work with businesses to hire professionals on a permanent and interim basis across professional, management and executive roles.
Specialising in Supply Chain recruitment, Logistics recruitment, Procurement recruitment and eCommerce recruitment, we deliver candidates that meet your objectives - every time.
For more information please call 01494 620 160.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80932977