Crane Specialist (Mechanical)
My client is based in the Midlands but you will be required to visit customers across the UK occasionally.
- Responsible to the Head of Unit for the delivery of Mechanical Design packages, dependent on the size / complexity of the work scope.
- Delivery of technically compliant design deliverables in accordance with the Design Input Requirements within budget and programme constraints.
- Capable of leading a team of Site Engineers and / or Design Engineers to deliver the appropriate solution from Front End Engineering to Detailed Design production.
- To provide the technical lead and direction to the engineering team
- Provide Engineering Support to manufacture, test and commissioning, right through to client handover.
- Experienced in multi-disciplined engineering / site functions in all aspects of conceptual design (mechanical and structural) of nuclear / industrial systems, specifically high integrity cranes and lifting equipment, together with the provision of supporting design calculations and technical documentation.
Typical required experience is as follows:
- Client technical management as company representative.
- Design of High Integrity E.O.T. Goliath Crane structural fabrications, jib, portal and other crane structures, hoists, mechanisms and drive systems and production of supporting design calculations.
- Equipment life extension assessment / substantiation, safety function, code and legislation compliance.
- Site equipment surveys
- Life extension design justification mitigation
- Life extension design refurbishment specification
- Conceptual design studies, designs calculations and associated plant substantiation documentation for high integrity nuclear cranes, handling equipment, hoists and associated single / dual load path, lifting equipment and recovery systems.
- Technical Specifications for bespoke high integrity in-cell and out-cell cranes / handling equipment. inc' Technical Specifications, Design Substantiation Reports, Works Test Schedules, Operating and Maintenance Manuals.
- Feasibility studies associated with existing site cranes / mechanical handling equipment life extension / refurbishment
- Alternative options studies, addressing engineered solutions.
- Technical to support safety case submissions / compliance.
- Tender technical estimates, scope, budget and program
Mechanical Engineering Degree Qualified (or Equivalent)
Member of IMechE (Chartered Engineer status preferred)
Extensive Engineering Workplace Experience
Nuclear Industry Experience
Management and control of Engineers and design teams
Knowledge of current and historical crane codes
Specialism in one or more of the following areas:
- Nuclear Decommissioning
- Remote Handling Equipment
- Lifting Equipment
- Heavy Engineering Plant
Your future in Nuclear. Specialising in the design and manufacture of bespoke engineering solutions for the nuclear energy, nuclear decommissioning and defence markets, our client is a key player. They design, engineer, manufacture, assemble, test, commission and install, as well as offering ongoing specialist support services. They are a core subsidiary of a global Italian group that operates in over 90 countries and is Italy's largest supplier, installer and service provider in this sector.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80927506