Junior Design Engineer
A leading automotive manufacturing company require a Junior Design Engineer with automotive design experience, the ideal candidate will have 2/3 years design experience in this sector.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design components and assemblies for suspension systems from initial enquiry through to final production.
- Produce robust, cost effective designs that meets or exceeds customer requirements, within project time constraints.
- Generate and update design related APQP/PPAP documentation.
- Investigate and respond to production and manufacturing problems.
- Investigate customer returns, which have failed to meet product requirements.
- Support development engineers/technicians in the testing and development of the company's products.
- Input and maintain engineering Bills of Materials on the company MRP system.
- Provide engineering design support for both customer and supplier liaison.
- Comply with the company's quality system and procedures.
- Computer literate.
- Sound working knowledge of the design tools used by the company e.g. 3D CAD and FEA.
- Communication at all levels, both internal and external.
- Working knowledge of design practices used within the automotive industry e.g. FMEA, APQP.
Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 4:45pm
Friday 08:00am - 12:00pm
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.