Contract Mechanical Design Engineer
Contract Design Engineer (Catia V5) - Solihull - Ongoing Ltd Company Contract basis, Hourly Rate Dependent Upon Experience
A global leader in complex engineering products within the automotive sector is currently seeking a Design Engineer to join their purpose built facility in Solihull on an ongoing one-month rolling contract basis.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for:
- Creating design data together with the engineering team to ensure that product designs are manufacturing and tool feasible.
- Ensuring Design solutions adhere to program requirements.
- Ensuring that designs are based on considerations including Design for Assembly (DFA), Design for Manufacture (DFM), Quality functional deployment, Finite Element analysis data (FEA), Dimensional variation analysis (DVA).
Other responsibilities include:
- Participation in Design review meetings.
- Designing according to company internal and customer specifications.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must:
- Display proven experience in Automotive interior design
- Have Experience of design using CATIA V5
It would be advantageous to
- Hold a formal qualification to at least Degree level in an Engineering based discipline
- Possess a working knowledge of job-related technical skills i.e. GD&T, DFM (Design for Manufacture), DFA (Design for Assembly), CAE (Computer Aided Engineering), FEA (Finite Element Analysis) etc.
- Have a knowledge of plastic engineering tooling and manufacturing.
Please contact Tom on ************ or ************************
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960513811