Senior Quantity Surveyor
I am currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis as a result of continued growth with one of my key rail clients in Derby that specialise in delivering projects of differing sizes and scope across the UK.
It is essential the successful Senior Quantity Surveyor has good understanding and working knowledge/application of Quantity Surveying within the Mechanical or Electrical sector.
The successful candidate will manage, control and coordinate the commercial and contractual activities of various M&E projects within the rail industry. You will be mainly overseeing Mechanical & Electrical packages reporting to the Commercial Manager.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities;
- Contract review prior to execution.
- Ensuring that the commercial aspects and impacts of a contract are clear to all parties.
- Liaise with procurement staff to ensure that project specific items are procured within budget constraints.
- Preparing and issuing, Sub-Contract, Sub-Sub-Contract, Sub-Consultancy and Labour Only Agreements.
- Providing guidance to Quantity Surveyors.
- Managing monthly interim applications and ensuring payment notices / certificates and payments are received on time.
- Monitoring budgets and compiling & issuing accurate cost and value reconciliations.
- Overseeing commercial KPIs.
- Reporting to the Commercial Manager.
- Resolving contractual and commercial issues where they arise.
The successful candidate should have:
- Relevant professional qualification degree or equivalent.
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- A team player with the ability to interact with a wide variety of people at all levels.
- Ability to analyse drawings and designs.
- Ability to interpret and monitor programmes against contractual period for completion dates.
- Above average numeracy and literacy skills.
- An understanding of contractual arrangements.
- Competent using ICC/Network Rail and NEC contracts.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- I.T. skills with competence in Microsoft Office Suite (ERP software also preferable).
- The ability to commute and to attend other project sites as required.
- Ideally experience within a rail, construction or engineering environment.
- Long-term career prospects.
- Sound administrative ability.
In return my client offers an excellent salary (dependant on experience) & package inclusive of a car allowance.
Applications – Please contact Corey Spencer on & email a current CV to