Graduate Optical Design Engineer
Job Title: Graduate Optical Design Engineer
Location: Worcestershire, West Midlands
Salary: Neg depending on experience
Spinnaker Tech Recruitment are working with a leading automotive manufacture in based in Redditch. This exciting and growing business are looking to appoint a Graduate Optical Design Engineer.
If you are looking for a new role where you can work with a leading brand in the automation market who boast customers such as Aston Martin, McLaren, Lamborghini and Bentley then please read the spec below and apply.
Spinnaker Tech have a vacancy for a graduate Physicist, whom is interested in pursuing a career in the field of Automotive and Product Lighting Design, to join a busy Optical Design team. Prior knowledge of this highly specialised field is not required, and the successful applicant will be given full training.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and development of optical systems for automotive lamp designs.
- Simulation of optical systems to assess compliance to customer and regulatory requirements.
- CAD modelling of the optical components for simulation and ultimately production tooling purposes.
- Preparation of Optical Design reports to be issued to customers.
- Participate as part of Cross-Functional project teams to ensure correct integration of the optical systems into the final product.
- Customer interaction to ensure their requirements are satisfied.
To be considered for the role of Graduate Optical Design Engineer you must have the following skills and experiences:
MPhys or BSc (Hons) / MSci in Physics. (Applied physics bias)
Have studied Optics modules and have an understanding of:
- Classical Optics, with a focus on imaging optic design. An understanding of non-imaging Illumination optic design would be beneficial.
- LEDs, Lasers and Opto-electronic devices.
- Optical Ray Tracing/ Simulation techniques.
- Solid-State/ Semiconductor Physics.
Preferably be able to use CAD design software, Catia V5/ SolidWorks/ Rhino (or similar)
For more information on this role please contact Louis at Spinnaker Tech on *************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960515294