Wholesale team member (Skilled Operative) - Ledbury Hub
Wholesale Team Member – Part time (Ledbury Hub)
We’re mad about organic veg. It’s at the core of everything we do. We love to grow it, pack it into boxes and deliver it to customers’ doorsteps around the UK. This takes a lot of brilliant people, with a range of skills and knowledge.
Riverford began in 1986, with a few acres of veg, a wheelbarrow and a beaten up 2CV for deliveries. We’ve grown into a successful e-commerce business, with four farms, three packhouses, a fleet of vans and drivers, a wholesalers, butchery, organic restaurant and pub. We employ people across many areas including IT, Logistics, Sales, HR, Finance and Marketing (and more besides).
Our culture and values set us apart from other businesses. Riverford is a friendly, informal place to work, with a passionate, entrepreneurial spirit. We’re committed to providing a fair deal for growers, customers and staff.
What you’ll be doing
Riverford is best known for its veg boxes but alongside this we also run a wholesale business which has a growing customer base and an annual turnover of over a million pounds.
As a member of our wholesale team you will be responsible for picking fruit and vegetables and collating product orders for our Wholesale customers at our hub in Ledbury. You will be one of a small team so we are looking for someone that is personable, enthusiastic and keen to work as part of a team to get the job done.
Strong organisational skills and a good eye for detail are essential, to make sure that all of the produce that goes out meets our high standards, and is picked correctly and to time.
You will need to be friendly, confident and knowledgeable when talking to our customers and offer them a consistently high level of customer service.
This is a permanent part time contract, Monday and Tuesday 6.30am until finish then Wednesday 6.30am until 12.00pm Additional hours may be available to cover sickness and annual leave. Based out of Ledbury Hub, Unit 5, Lynden Business Park, New Mills, Leadon Way, Ledbury, Herefordshire, HR8 2DJ
- assist in the completion of the daily works order ensuring that quality, accuracy and productivity are maintained
- monitor quality to ensure our customers only receive great products.
- provide cover for our delivery drivers where necessary.
- work as a team member and help others.
- maintain a high level of housekeeping and assist with cleaning as required.
- ensure all site rules and manual handling guidelines, including wearing safety footwear are adhered to.
- assist with stocktakes if required
- attend any workshops and training as requested to aid your development
- assist in all areas of the business as required.
Skills & experience
- Ideally you will have previous experience of working in a production or warehousing environment.
- Must be comfortable working in a cold environment.
- Full driving license essential.
- Good customer service skills
- You must be able to lift and manoeuvre crates of produce and veg boxes.
- You should have good communication skills and be able to speak and understand English to a level that enables you to comprehend instructions and the daily requirements of the role.
- Accurate and efficient.
- Team player; enthusiastic, reliable, flexible and adaptable demonstrating a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Be passionate about what we do at Riverford.
£7.83 per hour increasing to £8.00 per hour after 6 months
Riverford is a beautiful place to work, with lots of great people – and other benefits too. We offer 31 days’ holiday pro rata (including bank holidays), a generous company pension scheme and an annual profit share. We love food and hope you do too, so we give staff 25% off everything we sell on our website; and free organic fruit and veg. There are also many social events for staff, with two big parties a year.
If you think you have what it takes to join the team at Riverford please click apply now and you will be taken through to our online application system.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960517390