Role: Software Tester
Location: Stoke on Trent
Salary: Competitve salary
We are now looking for a Software Tester to join our family of extraordinary people.
Our clients work in small teams where everyone's input is valued. People can move between teams based on required skill set and personal interest. You get as much freedom and responsibilities as you feel comfortable with. We believe in transparency and using common sense; you are free to choose the tools you need to reach our common goals. Here we are serious about what we do, but don't take ourselves too seriously. We get excited when facing new challenges where we can put our skills to the test, but make sure to have fun doing it. Now - if you accept the challenge - we give you the opportunity to experience all this and more.
What you'll be doing:
In this position you will work alongside the software development teams and be responsible for hands-on testing involving test co-ordination, test planning, test execution and reporting. You will ensure that software meets the companys standards and design specifications and that the results produced by the software match the requirements.
In this role you would:
- Document and prepare testing scripts ensuring they remain up to date with all changes and enhancements included with sufficient script coverage.
- Test new and existing software produced by the development and support department.
- Analyse, collate and present results and findings from all testing completed.
- Complete qualitative testing on products
- Report accurately all testing activities using standard testing documentation.
- Perform functional, regression, white box, black box and destructive testing in line with requirements of the software
- Take responsibility for specific builds or projects as assigned by the QA Team Lead and develop test strategies in line with the build or project requirements including as required the completion of a risk assessment
- Review user guides for new versions of the software
- Set up environments to facilitate testing of different versions of the software
- Provide on-site testing support for clients where necessary
What you'll bring to the table:
- Technical and business knowledge relevant IT related degree involving the Software Development Life Cycle SDLC or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years practical experience
- A genuine interest in Quality Assurance and Testing of new and existing software products
- Functional, regression and user acceptance testing experience
- Basic knowledge of SQL server 2008 R2, 2012 & 2016
- Ability to write concise, accurate test scripts against technical specifications
- Ability to use White and Black box testing techniques
- Experience of writing concise and accurate defect reports
- Accurate test planning, resourcing and reporting experience
- ISEB foundation certificate in software testing is considered an advantage
- Experience in creating automation frameworks and tests using Selenium C#
What we offer:
- A front row seat in a rapidly growing and international software company
- Responsibilities in challenging projects from day one
- A fun, ambitious, and committed team of smart people to work with
- A respectful and professional, yet easy-going atmosphere where individual thinking is encouraged
- Flexible working hours
- International career and learning opportunities
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- 25 days' annual holiday
- Free on-site parking
- Unlimited free tea & coffee
- Breakfast provided on Monday mornings
- Beer Fridge
- Legal & General Pension Scheme (optional)
- Childcare vouchers
- Reward & recognition e.g. Long Term Service Awards
- Summer & Christmas Company Parties (Summer party based in Helsinki)
- Company lunches & meals out
- Optional social activities & evenings out (e.g. weekly football club, monthly bowling / bingo etc.)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960510147