Night Cleaning Supervisor
We are recruiting for a permanent Mobile Night Team Cleaning Supervisor to work on a prestigious multi site contract covering sites across the West Coast.
This is Nights role and will include weekend work - Paying Circa £19k per annum.
The successful candidate will carry out supervisory support to the Nights Team Cleaning Staff and teams across numerous stations within the Virgin Trains (West Coast) contract; ensuring the workload is prioritised to meet client standards and is in line with the key performance indicators.
* To support and train new cleaners at the start of their employment. Induct, Train and Support, evaluating their progress and ensuring they achieve their optimum potential within the induction period
* Responsible for completing all relevant works and training relating to timesheets, audits, training records, team briefing and delivery of tool box talks.
* To assist cleaners with cleaning tasks where required to support the business. If necessary may be required to clean all specified areas within the time allocated and to the required standard. Feel comfortable with cleaning and working within public toilets
* To complete all paperwork and systems including the use of iPads in accordance with the role
* To carry out cleaning audits, and spot checks at regular intervals. The use of iAuditor is utilised in order to record the cleaning audits.
* Operate floor cleaning machines
* Implement new procedures and contract requirements, as instructed
* Supervise the activities of all cleaning operatives on your stations and carry out work within an agreed time frame; as instructed by management. All work is to be carried out to the highest possible standard.
* To be responsible for stock takes and ordering of cleaning materials; have a full understanding of the cleaning chemicals used, ensuring the stock levels are managed to a high standard and within the required budget - communicate the information to all management and supervisory teams.
* To undertake and deliver onsite training to station teams in particular the nights cleaning team in accordance with BICs (British Institute of Cleaning Science).
* Be supportive and provide an element of mentoring to ensure the teams are fully aware of their duties and the required standards.
* Be flexible to work outside normal contracted hours when the requirement arises
* Attend training yourself to ensure consistency and uniformity.
* Attend Meetings with team making sure the same message is delivered to all staff.
* Interview potential employees who have applied for cleaning roles for the nights teams across all stations
* To be responsible for completing all relevant records associated with work for which the post holder is responsible
* Out of hours support and escalation procedures where necessary ensuring client staffing levels are met and communicated to relevant parties
* Prioritise work, ascertain priorities in an emergency and supervisor your teams work accordingly
* Regularly liaise with your line manager
* Previous experience in a similar working role
* Have computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft packages
* Use of floor cleaning machines and experience of electrical cleaning machines
* Must be conversant with Health & Safety and COSHH requirements and would have to attend relevant training courses
* Excellent customer service skills
* Ability to communicate comfortably with employees, management and client representatives; using both verbal and written forms of communication.
* Previous cleaning experience in a similar working role
* Previous supervisory/management experience
* To be able to work alone or as part of a team
* Be comfortable with working unsociable hours
* Able to work to tight timescales
* Have a flexible approach and be able to work in a proactive manner
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now.
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors. To request further information on our active vacancies please visit our website www.prsjobs.com
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful. PRS is an equal opportunities employer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80927197