Senior Strategic Buyer
Senior Strategic Buyer
£35,000 - £43,000 + 23 days holiday + excellent benefits
39 Hours per Week
Prince Personnel are recruiting for a well-established prestigious manufacturing organisation. They are now looking for a Senior Strategic Buyer to join their experienced team. The senior strategic buyer will be responsible for supervising two buyers.
The responsibilities of the Senior Strategic Buyer will include
- To maintain and improve the development of the purchasing function through coordination of resources, provision of technical support, project management and related systems
- To maintain and improve the development of suppliers, covering performance KPI’s and business terms
- Monitor Commodity market trends that can affect the business
- To maintain and improve the introduction of new products and localisation of new component suppliers meeting the quality, cost and delivery targets
- To maintain and improve the development of product and individual components
- To support special project engineering as and when required
- Formulate plans and advise on how to maintain and improve an efficient, progressive and effective department
- Design, build, implement and maintain systems which support and enhance the integration of your department with the daily requirements
- Contribute to the structured improvement of suppliers (both existing and new) through product specification control
- To maintain and improve vendors in both technical and commercial aspects and to research, propose vendors in the case of re-sourcing from value engineering, commercial and technical ability
- Ensure that supplier loaned tooling is appropriately reviewed, monitored and appropriate action is taken to ensure that our component supply quality is not compromised
- Supervise the quotation, localisation and component approval process and report progress to Departmental Manager or Management Team on a periodic basis
To be considered for this role you will be used to working within a fast paced environment, ideally production engineering or manufacturing, have previous supervisory experience and have relevant qualification either CIPS or MCIPS
We will carefully consider your details and advise you if we're able to progress with your application within 72 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time your details won’t be retained. So, if you're not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your search for employment.
Prince Personnel are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract you’ll find us easy to deal with. Located in thriving Telford, we focus on jobs in Shropshire, Staffordshire and North Wales. Prince Personnel specialise in commercial, accounts and finance and technical recruitment. With the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960516157