Financial Controller Job Description
Responsible for the efforts and results of the financial department. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer in regards to all financial and accounting activities.Oversee financial department staff in day-to-day operations.
This position will report to the CEO and will be based at the clients Birmingham office and the successful candidate can expect to receive a very attractive salary of circa £50k per annum plus a benefits package.
- Oversee all company accounts and investments.
- Create weekly, monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts.
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports.
- Supervise and manage financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants.
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback.
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation.
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations.
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports.
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities.
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepencies.
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations.
- Report to the CEO with timely and accurate financial information.
- Assist the CEO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
- A strong background in the construction or joinery industry.
- Working knowledge of a hands-on approach within a Project based company.
- Strong technical skills and advanced use of SAGE Line 50 (essential) and Excel are essential as is the ability to manage workload and meet deadlines.
Qualified Accountant or able to prove qualification through experience.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960510281