Data Engineer - £35 to £55k - Birmingham
My client are a specialist IT Consultancy and Digital Solutions provider. They provide a full lifecycle portfolio of bespoke digital technology solutions to public and private sector customers across a number of sectors such as Financial Services, Healthcare and Government. These services are developed to meet their customer's priorities and ensure they achieve an increase in performance and excellence.
They are seeking a Data Engineer to add to the ever expanding Data team, as part of planned growth.
- Working to develop data processing software within a team. Development will incorporate design, coding, testing and defect fixing.
- Designing elements of application software.
- Working with architects to ensure the software supports non-functional needs.
- Working with Ops to ensure the application software is operationally ready.
- Advising customers and managers on the estimated effort and technical implications of user stories and user journeys
- Fluent in Python/Ruby/Scala/Java
- Moderate to advanced in SQL
- Stakeholder management skills
- Experience doing ETL and a solid understanding of database design
- Familiarity with python's core big data / data science libraries: e.g. pandas, scikit-learn etc
- Experience building big data pipelines with e.g. airflow
- Familiarity with core Hadoop technologies: e.g. hive, spark - is a huge advantage!
Salary is between £35-£55k and although based in Birmingham, travel to one of 4 UK sites would be required within the week.
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please apply with your latest CV and I shall be in touch with further information.
Premier are acting as an employment agency
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960517903