IT Support Apprentice - 05495
Baltic Training Services and Mellow Marsh Software are proud to be recruiting for an IT Support Apprentice to join their expanding team based in Cannock.
Founded in 2001, Mellow Marsh Software are an IT company that specialise in services including Consultation, Web Development, the Cloud and IT Support and Maintenance! Aged 14, Lee (the Director) grew the business from the ground up and due to the company's success and Lee's enthusiasm, they are now looking for an individual with a passion for hardware to join their growing team.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Not only do our apprentices learn faster and earn money at the same time, they gain invaluable workplace experience.
When it comes to apprenticeships, research shows that apprentices can earn up to £4,000 more per year than their peers. Alongside this, all apprentices are entitled to other benefits such as pension and national insurance contributions, and also paid holiday entitlement. If you are ready to earn more, you are ready to start an apprenticeship with Baltic Training.
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties:
- First Line Helpdesk Support
- Building PC's and Servers
- Fixing peripheral devices onsite and remotely
- Working on customer sites with experienced engineer
- Data cabling on customer sites and installation of CAT5e and CAT6 data systems
- Assisting with Installation of Data Networks.
Training to be Provided:
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in ICT
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Networking Fundamentals
- Mobility and Device Fundamentals
- Business Processes
- Cloud Fundamentals
- Coding and Logic
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Due to the location a driver is preferred
- Ability to apply knowledge of current research, innovations and theory in specific fields
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Work with professionalism and flexibility, able to work well under pressure
- Able to prioritise, multitask and manage own workload as well as participating as part of a team
- Experience in Hardware and Software
- Experience installing an Operating System
- Troubleshooting experience
- 5 GCSE's A - C
- Passion for IT
The future is bright
Upon completion of the 12-month programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our Level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits
- £236.00 per week
- Full time , 8.00AM - 5.00PM (40 hours per week)
- 20 Holidays plus bank holidays
Location and travel
This role is located in Cannock, Walsall in Hayes Way off the A460 and due to limited public transport a driver is preferred, there is a free onsite car park for those who drive.
About Baltic Training:
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now! When we receive your application, the Recruitment Consultant for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process. In the meantime if you want to get a head start on the other applicants expand you knowledge with the links provided!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80927373