I'm currently assisting a worldwide organisation with the recruitment for an Automation Engineer on a permanent basis. Please read through the specification below and apply via the link if you would like to be considered. Good luck!
Position: Automation Engineer
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £35,000 - £42,000 pa + Company Benefits
My client is a globally renowned industrial engineering company, with worldwide operations in more than 30 countries. The business designs and supplies machines, process equipment and production lines for the world's largest industrials including the aluminium, steel, glass, automotive, aerospace, logistics, cement, minerals, energy and sugar sectors. This site sits within the aluminium sector of the business and is a world leader in the design and supply of processing equipment and also the management of complete installations.
Due to continued growth, my client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Automation Engineer to join its existing team based in West Midlands. As a key member of the Engineering Department, you will be responsible for system design and software development on key projects from conception to site commissioning. The successful candidate will be expected to attend our international project sites as required.
- Accountable for the safe execution of the reliability strategy and driving asset performance
- Provide automation support to all relevant projects as required
- Project management of new and modified plant installations
- Execute and/or supervise the development of specifications and software for the PLC, HMI and SCADA systems associated with the project
- Management of automation system integrators and electrical contractors to meet project performance, timing and safety
- Identify initiatives to reduce costs and improve standards throughout the business
- Reviewing technical drawings and specifications
- Participating in functional design specification
- Analysing and interpreting technical data
- Conducting FAT (Factory Acceptance Testing) as required
- Actively resolve issues raised and implement corrective action plans
- Liaising with internal and external customers to ensure on time delivery is achieved
- Willingness to travel internationally as required
Qualifications & Skills:
- Degree in Electrical/Software Engineering or relevant HND Qualification with suitable experience
- Previous experience of designing PLC, HMI & SCADA systems for industrial applications
- Experienced in the use of Rockwell and / or Siemens products
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, Rockwell Automation products and CAD
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC and HMI/SCADA equipment
- Previous supervisory experience
- Full Driving Licence
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960512191