One of my clients is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join the team on a permanent basis. They are large organisation with offices throughout the UK.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for providing a professional support service for a large scale, hybrid IT Infrastructure. The post holder will be expected to play a key role in the delivery of technically complex and challenging projects and will have a broad understanding and capability across a diverse range of technologies.
The key criteria for candidates is:
- 4+ years IT Infrastructure Engineering experience
- Strong Windows Server, virtualisation and networking experience
- Demonstrable experience leading small projects and successfully introducing new technologies
- Exposure to the logistics business sector
- Any experience with enterprise class mobility solutions.
- ITIL certification or a good understanding of ITIL principles.
- PRINCE2 qualification
- Responding to 2nd and 3rd line escalations in a timely manner and restoring service as quickly as possible.
- Deep analysis into problems to isolate the root cause. Taking a methodical approach to problem solving and working with internal and external teams to develop and implement fixes.
- Implementing system changes in line with change control procedures, ensuring risk is correctly identified, managed and mitigated.
- Identifying areas of opportunity and improvement in terms of functionality, security, capacity, performance, resilience, process and service quality.
- Creation and maintenance of documentation including handover to 1st line support teams.
- Working collaboratively with internal and external teams to support all departmental project initiatives.
- Day to day support and administration/maintenance of the Windows/Linux Server estate and key Infrastructure applications, Active Directory, LAN, WAN and associated hardware.
- Provide a positive input into the design and implementation of new Infrastructure solutions, taking a lead role in the delivery of small projects where necessary.
- Keeping abreast of new developments in IT Infrastructure and how these may bring benefits to the business.
- Keeping abreast of emerging cyber threats and analysing any potential impact on clients environment, taking a pro-active approach and applying mitigation if necessary.
- Effective communication at all times, written and verbal to all levels of IT in house and third parties.
- To participate in an out of hours on call rota.
If you are looking for a new role then please do not hesitate to send your CV for consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960517625