Project Engineer - Circuits
I am currently looking for a Project Engineer – Circuits to join a luxury automotive OEM.
- To design & develop new and existing vehicle circuit requirements
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Ownership of Circuit Design, ensuring that circuit deliverables are passed to the EDS (Electrical Distribution System) supplier and support the EDS release timing.
- Ensure that all Programme Module Sub Team leaders provide the required data to support the circuit sign off process via the generation of a new device transmittal document.
- o Component sealing data.
- o Terminal plating specification.
- o Current (Amps) characteristics of all system components.
- o Special component requirements.
- o Wiring information.
- o Pin out information.
- o Circuit sign off at each build phase.
- Generate the circuit sign off metrics and present the status to the EDS Manager and Program Teams at key EDS delivery checkpoints.
- Ensure that circuit releases meet the service deliverable timings, so ensuring circuits are available to support vehicle launches.
- Generate circuit data in Capital Logic.
- Lead the circuit design to provide seamless transfer of data from the circuit design tool through to the EDS supplier via DSI export.
- Generate the library of parts in Capital logic.
- o Legacy parts.
- o Connector information.
- o CPSC structure in line with Teamcenter.
- o New drawing border to suit A4 documentation and greater granularity of drawings.
- o New style set to optimise for A4 sizing.
- Support sub-system Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis reviews and give guidance of circuit simulation techniques.
- Control of circuit design and review process to ensure optimised, robust, right-first-time circuit release.
- Support vehicle builds and provide problem solving (‘8D’ process).
- Ability to think outside the box and generate new and better techniques of circuit generation through the dealers.
- Ensure latest features and technology are kept up to date, for circuit evaluation tools.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Engineering Degree or Equivalent Qualification.
- Extensive experience in automotive electrical design and development.
- Extensive knowledge of vehicle circuitry.
- A good understanding of wiring systems.
- Good experience and knowledge of vehicle electrical systems.
- Experience of project management. (desirable)
- Project managed new or modified circuits successfully into production.
- Working knowledge of Relevant Regulations and approvals. (desirable)
- Ability to use Capital Logic circuit design tool.
- Ability to support and input at Failure Modes and Effects Analysis reviews. (desirable)
- Ability to support prototype builds. (desirable)
- Experience of leadership or clear evidence of leadership ability. (desirable)
- Manage a large workload in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to analyse test data from supplier testing and work to timely solutions when required.
- Must have good report writing skills.
- Must be proactive and trust their initiative using minimum supervision to produce practical solutions.
- Must have a full valid driving license.
If you are interested in this position please click APPLY NOW!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960512264