Our client have an exciting opportunity for a Civil Technican to join their team in Worcestershire on a permanent basis.
This is a chance to join a dynamic and evolving team of Urban Drainage Engineers and Modellers based providing support to their client in the delivery of wastewater infrastructure projects.
The role will support Project Managers and Project Technical Leads to ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet both client and expectations.
The role is for a Civil Technician with responsibility to help develop efficient technical solutions that will deliver improvements to sewerage networks. Typical projects will include the alleviation of sewer flooding, first time sewerage and strategic development/growth projects. The role will include the following
- Undertake option evaluation/assessment for projects within the required timescales and within agreed feasibility budgets
- Identification and assessment of suitable options and development of a single preferred costed technical solution
- Ensure all solutions are safe to build, operate and maintain
- Support the preparation of the Business Case Reports clearly defining the project proposals for submission for governance approval
- Work closely with the all parties in the project team to ensure the right solution is delivered
- Communicate and quantify any residual risks associated with the preferred solution
- Work closely with developers and contractors providing any design input and advice where appropriate
- Investigate and apply innovative approaches that will improve the way we work and drive efficiency
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques
- Liaise with client and ensure that programmes and projects are managed effectively to ensure delivery in a manner which meets quality, time and budget specifications
- Maintain communication and develop ongoing relationships with clients, stakeholders and customers as required
- Undertake appropriate research of existing assets and investigation and design modifications / improvements
- Production of technical reports, cost estimates, contract documentation and contract management for wastewater infrastructure projects
- Undertake the design activities using appropriate software and applying relevant design standards
- Using appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients
- Complete all work in line with Core Values and in accordance with Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures
- HNC/HND (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject.
- Experience within the water industry with a focus on the feasibility and design of wastewater network projects is desirable.
- Computer literate with a good understanding of appropriate software packages such as Microsoft Word and excel plus some experience of GIS packages such as Mapinfo or Arc GIS would be an advantage.
- Ability to support the development of projects from a brief.
- Able to integrate well into a team
- Ability to support decision making process
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work within a team and with minimal supervision
- Good understanding of client service
- Flexible approach to work
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960511725