Maintenance Technician (Hydraulic and Mechanical Test Rigs)
Fitter/Maintenance Technician (Hydraulic and Mechanical Test Rigs)
c.£28K including overtime
Our client is a precision engineering company providing fuel system test solutions to the aerospace industry and specialising in test rigs and fixtures, machine tooling and asset integrity management.They have an opportunity for a Fitter/Maintenance Technician to join their team. This position may suit an individual who has recently completed a relevant professional qualification and has 1 or 2 years experience under their belt.
- Assist core team in the fabrication and build of new hydraulic/pneumatic test rigs.
- Support build, fault diagnosis, modifications and repair work
- Installation and alignment of motors, gearboxes, pumps and other transmission components
- Support planned/preventative maintenance activities on customer site
- Able to work follow engineering drawings and hydraulic/pneumatic schematics
- Experience of pipe bending and conventional pipework installation standards (e.g. BSP, JIC, Swagelok, crimp fittings)
- Experience of installation of pneumatic and hydraulic equipment (e.g. valves, pumps, pipework)
- Experience of working with rotating machinery (e.g. assembly/disassembly of gearboxes)
- Level 3 BTEC (or equivalent/higher) in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Be capable of working in confined spaces
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960513400