Lead Project Engineer
Our Client is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) for next generation display systems and advanced connected car solutions.
An experienced Lead Project Engineer is needed to join their expanding team to robustly manage the integration of the client's cutting-edge display/HMI system into their client's vehicle system. This may involve European travel in order to manage and coordinate the non UK based teams within the organisation.
The Lead Project Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Liaise with the client in order to understand their project requirements.
- Project manage a of a number of Electrical/Electronic projects from conception to delivery, ensuring they are delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality level.
- To manage teams across global sites to achieve project goals, ensuring that the project team are motivated and focused helping to achieve clearly defined targets and deliverables.
- Projects will be managed according to the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process
- Competently chair regular project meetings with your team and report project status at regular project review meetings with Senior Management.
- To manage the project/s to ensure all teams and resources are utilised effectively and efficiently.
- Qualified/Skilled in Project Management tools e.g. MS Project, Excel, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable with management of complex data
- Working understanding of designing Electrical/Electronic systems in accordance with the engineering V development lifecycle.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an engineering project management role
- Experience working in the automotive sector
- Experience delivering projects to the Product Creation and Delivery System Process (PCDS) or other automotive equivalent.
- Experience communicating with Senior Management through presentations
- Experience working for an automotive supplier.
- Successfully delivered an automotive electrical engineering project from sourcing through to production.
- Experience of systems engineering and/or complex system integration
- Qualified to degree level or be able to demonstrate equivalent levels of training & experience
- PRINCE2/APM Project Management Qualified (PMQ or APMP) or demonstrate a proven track record in project delivery
- A UK valid driving licence
- Role is primarily West Midland based, but may require travel to out clients sites in Warwickshire with some european travel.