Hours of work: 0 Monday-Friday with 30 minutes lunch breaks
About the QHSE Coordinator:
Following the expansion of our business we have created a new post of QHSE Coordinator to support both the South and Midlands regions reporting to the Group Quality Manager.
This is a developmental role for an individual to learn the requirements of quality, environmental and health & safety management systems. The post holder will progress through a range of courses to become internal auditor for these systems which are incorporated into our integrated management system.
Whilst learning, the post holder will take on responsibility for maintaining relevant accreditations along with the registers required under these systems.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate strong work ethic both individually and in a team, is able to work independently on projects and most importantly you will be extremely motivated and have the capacity to learn and develop your knowledge and take on new tasks as you progress.
National travel may be required.
Main Duties of the QHSE Coordinator:
- Support QHSE Managers for South and Midlands and Group Quality Manager in back office QHSE functions.
- Support the maintenance of the certification for ISO standards
- Maintain audit schedules, corrective, preventive action registers in relation to the ISO standards.
- Provide Super User support for the use of Effective Software.
- Audit compliance tracking programs and record keeping systems.
- Assist with QHSE sections in relation to tenders.
- Support in maintaining third-party accreditations to include Achilles FPAL / UVDB, Safe contractor, Water Jetting Association and other.
- Formulate and participate in QHSE safety bulletins across the facilities and ensure appropriate corrective actions are communicated fully.
- Assist in ensuring permit reporting is completed in a timely manner; to include annual pollution inventory and other permit requirements.
- Input Near-Misses where support is required and ensure timely close out Near-Misses with line managers.
- Assist in the monthly monitoring and reporting of energy consumption, usage and other Group QHSE improvement initiatives.
Requirements of the QHSE Coordinator:
- 3 A-Levels / Level 3 BTEC or equivalent preferably including a core science
- GCSE (Grade B) or equivalent English and Maths
- QHSE Internal Auditor **
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in writing and orally including presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software package
- Strongly motivated to develop professionally and progress
- Professional attitude to work and colleagues
- Adaptable to meet the challenges of the role and learn new disciplines
- Flexible to take on new tasks and develop the role
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent**
- Any previous experience in QHSE or compliance management
- Previous knowledge of quality, environmental or health and safety management systems.
**Essential but may be achieved post-employment
Benefits of becoming the QHSE Coordinator:
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank/Public Holidays
- Annual bonus
- Company pension schemes (subject to meeting qualifying criteria)
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this QHSE Coordinator role then please apply now!