Warehouse Operations Manager
One of our most prestigious clients in North Warwickshire with the latest and most advanced automated warehouse is looking for pro-active Warehouse Operations Manager who are excited about the opportunity of being part of a successful high tech set up of this 300k+ square-foot logistics depot.
The Warehouse Operations Manager will be responsible for the day to day operations of this state of the art warehouse leading large teams of Warehouse Operatives to achieve company KPI's and targets.
This role will suit someone who is heavily focused on team motivation, health & safety, who has experience leading large teams, is comfortable with warehouse technology, Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and is ideally degree educated.
Our client is the largest and fastest growing business in their sector with national presence providing amazing benefits to its employees. They are offering a salary of between GBP45,000-GBP50,000 per annum (dependent on experience), fantastic pension scheme, 15% discount on shopping, amazing state of the art facilities, private healthcare, life insurance and childcare vouchers. In addition they offer a culture of professional development to enhance your skills and boost your chance of career progression.
As the Warehouse Operations Manager, your duties will include:
- Ensuring all appropriate team communication is delivered consistently, clearly and effectively both directly and through your Team Managers
- Guide and lead Team Managers to enable them to manage their respective teams
- Adopting an open management style to build positive relationships to increase team performance and productivity
- Managing team performance against agreed KPI targets and standards
- Lead and apply the companies training and development strategy
- Managing disciplinary and grievances according to company policies and procedure
- Welcoming and ensuring all new members to your team and providing additional support
- Safeguarding Health and Safety for the site
- Responsible in managing all aspects of performance management, employee retention and staff attendance
- Pro-actively implement smarter work methods and adopt best practices to improve overall productivity
- Monitoring all processes and tasks are completed to agreed timescales
- Sign off testing and commissioning of new equipment for site
- Making sure that the team are compliant with all operational processes and quality standards
The successful Warehouse Operations Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- A track record of managing large sites as an Operations Manager, Warehouse Manager, Production Manager, Site Manager, Distribution Manager or similar
- Experience working in a FMCG production, warehouse, or distribution centre environment and preferably in an automated site
- Previous experience in using Warehouse Management Systems and or similar software
- Experience in managing large teams, leading by example, setting and stretching targets
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with other internal teams such as HR, Engineering and Resource Planning
- Strong IT skills - must be comfortable with high level technology and various software packages to interpret data
- Excellent communication skills
As a Warehouse Operations Manager, you will be required to work a variety of hours, 4 in 7 days from Monday to Sunday, completing typically a 48 hour work per week with a guarantee of having 2 weekends off in a month.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Operations Manager, Warehouse Manager, Site Lead, General Manager or Distribution level person to be part of a successful operation using world leading technology in a warehouse environment.
In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary between GBP45,000-GBP50,000 per annum (dependent on experience), amazing pension scheme, 15% discount on shopping, private healthcare, life insurance, childcare vouchers, free shares and award winning training and progressive career development.
*** Warehouse Manager , Shift Manager, Operations Manager , Operations , Warehouse Operations Manager , Warehouse , Automation , WMS , Warehouse Management Systems , Budget control , Logistics , Distribution , Production , Sutton in Coldfield, Tamworth, Nuneaton, Coventry, North Warwickshire***