Engineering Manager - Beverages Manufacturing - Herefordshire
- Contract Type
An opportunity for an experienced Engineer with food and beverage sector manufacturing experience to modernise the engineering department contribution in a new role within a substantial private business.
A sustained period of sales growth has put pressure on production capacity in this successful, long established business, and has led to a close examination of both processes and structure within the department under new leadership. Production capacity is being significantly restricted by machinery issues which the current engineering structure and approach is not addressing satisfactorily. Much of this is due to out dated practices.
The new role of Engineering Manager has now been created to lead the team, and we seek a capable senior engineer with the experience to 'hit the ground running' with analysis and solutions likely to include RCA, PPM and team re organisation. Responsibility for maintaining key compliance programmes and utilities comes with the territory. There will also be the opportunity to scope out and gain stakeholder commitment to strategic machinery and facilities investment in the medium term and make a full contribution to ongoing manufacturing development.
Essential experience/ competencies for detailed consideration for this exciting new role include:
- Significant 'hands on' experience in production engineering within the food and beverage industry ( ideally involving filling and/or bottling processes) though this may not have been for your entire career to date
- Current or previous experience in an engineering team leadership role
- Evidence of successful application of 'best practice' engineering maintenance processes
- Previous responsibility for significant capex machinery and facility project management
- 'Hands on' approach and passion for efficiency improvement and all aspects of operational quality