Warehouse Team Manager
Want to be part of a successful distribution centre for one of the most technologically advanced DC's in the UK? Would you like to work for a company who are the largest and fastest growing business in their sector? Our prestigious client is looking for experienced Warehouse Team Manager to join their distribution centre based in the North Warwickshire area. Fully automated and robotised this is a fantastic opportunity to work with and learn about some of the most advanced equipment and systems in the distribution sector to date.
Our client offers some of the best benefits in the sector including but not limited to - basic salary GBP28k-GBP33k, private healthcare, critical illness cover, free shares & discounted share purchase, Life Insurance, excellent pension, significant discounts on shopping and discounted local attractions. In addition they have fully supported career development programs to assist you advance within the company.
Managing your team of warehouse operatives you will be responsible for making sure all KPI's are hit and that customers' orders are picked, packed and exit the distribution centre on time. This is a FMCG environment and would suit people who have worked as an Operations Manager, Shift Manager, Warehouse Manager, Team Manager, Team Co-Ordinator, Supervisor or First Line Manager (FLM) in a warehouse, production, co-pack, FMCG or similar environment previously.
If you are interested in technology, are IT savvy, and have managed in distribution, warehousing, or production previously. Preferably in an environment with some level of technology, automation and warehouse management systems (WMS) then please send your cv to apply.
As the Warehouse Team Manager, your duties will include:
- Ensuring all appropriate team communication is delivered consistently, clearly and effectively
- Adopting an open management style to build positive relationships to increase team performance and productivity
- Managing individual performance against agreed KPI targets and standards
- Understanding and applying company policies consistently and effectively
- Managing disciplinary and grievances according to company policies and procedure
- Conducting probationary reviews in line with agreed timelines and ensuring sign off in relation to agreed performance standards
- Welcoming and ensuring all new members to your team and providing additional support
- Safeguarding Health and Safety within your work area and making sure that it is always complied with
- Responsible in managing all aspects of performance management, employee retention and staff attendance
- Pro-actively implement smarter ways of working and adopting best practices to improve overall productivity
- Monitoring all processes and tasks are completed to agreed timescales
- Taking ownership in identifying, reporting and resolving any defective equipment within your work area
- Making sure that the team are compliant with all operational processes and quality standards
The successful Warehouse Team Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience working in a FMCG production, warehouse, or distribution centre environment and preferably in an automated environment
- Previous experience in using Warehouse Management System software
- Experience in managing people, leading by example, setting and stretching targets
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with other internal teams such as HR, Engineering and Resource Planning
- Strong IT skills - must be comfortable in using handheld digital devices and various software packages to interpret data
- Excellent communication skills
As a Warehouse Team Manager, you will be required to work on a dedicated nights from Monday to Sunday, completing a 48 hour working week with the potential of overtime and a guaranteed 2 weekends off in a month.
This is an exciting opportunity for Warehouse Team Managers, First Line Managers (FLM), Shift Managers or Warehouse Managers to be part of a successful operation using world leading technology in a warehouse environment.
In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary between GBP28,000-GBP33,000 per annum (dependent on experience), amazing pension scheme, 15% discount on shopping, private healthcare, life insurance, childcare vouchers, free shares and award winning training and progressive career development.
*** Warehouse Team Manager , FLM , Team Manager , Warehouse Supervisor, Operations , Warehouse Operations Manager , Supervisor , Shift Manager , First Line Manager , Warehouse , Stock Control , Stock Control Management , Budget control , Logistics , Distribution , Production , Automation , Sutton in Coldfield, Tamworth, Nuneaton, Coventry, North Warwickshire***