Senior Engineer - Body Structure Launch
Randstad Engineering is looking for a Senior Engineer to work for a prestigious OEM based in the West Midlands.
You will be required to lead the resolution of issues within the Underframe, BIW & Closures functional team, determine root cause and develop containment actions to allow build to progress. Interface with New Model Programmes, Manufacturing, Attribute Leaders and all other functions within the organisation.
Key responsibilities and Tasks
- Involved from M1 through to Job1 days.
- Ensure timely resolution of issues, establishment of containments and determination of root cause through effective collaboration with the cross-functional team.
- Work with the Platform & Applications Engineers to ensure permanent corrective actions are planned and delivered on-time.
- Where appropriate, and in agreement with Lead Platform Engineer, raise engineering change documentation and coordinate all aspects of the change.
- Ensure Production Part Approval Process progression is on-track for Underframe, Body In White & Closures components to achieve Gateway deliverables on-time. This will require close collaboration with the Engineers responsible for these parts as well as direct involvement with Suppliers, Purchasing & New Model Programme Team
- Generate status reports and attend key launch meetings (i.e. daily start-up, wash-up and gateway reviews with senior team) as required and agreed with the Launch Manager.
- Ensure Lessons Learnt are feedback into Programmes and Platform Teams at the appropriate gateways.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree level in Engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience gained within Automotive Industry.
- Experience in one or more of these areas: Underbody, Body In White, Closures, Functional Trim
- Experience of Cost & Attribute Target setting and then managing through to Job#1.
- Experience of working in high pressure pre-production and launch situations
- Experience of working with Suppliers to deliver fully approved parts via AQP/Production Part Approval Process
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to clearly present information to all levels in the organisation.
- Experience of using a milestone delivery process within the Automotive Industry.
- Focused, highly motivated, results orientated, who works well under pressure and can work to a given deadline.
- Able to lead team members with varying personalities and motivations in an effective manner.
- Able to successfully lead a cross-functional team and ready to step in to take a position of leadership when required.
- Have a data-driven mindset to ensure we are making the right decisions at all times.
- Demonstrate a 'lessons learnt' and 'prevent recurrence' mindset both for engineering & process elements of the business.
- Driving licence, Medical clearance to drive company vehicles.
- Masters level qualification in Automotive or Management.
- Experience of assigning tasks and prioritise to small team to meet deliverables.
- Knowledge and experience of Failure Mode Avoidance techniques.
If this role is of interest; please click apply now.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.