An experienced Maintenance Technician is sought by a global manufacturing organisation with units throughout the UK, Central and Eastern Europe to work on a 3 shift pattern.
As a Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for providing support in ensuring the efficient and effective operation of all plant facilities.
- Responsible for maintenance of the assembly equipment and of the site as and when required.
- Respond to breakdowns as and when they occur on the assembly equipment on an urgent basis.
- Close liaison with the Manufacturing Engineer in introduction of changes which affect facilities, safety or environment.
- Responsible for the recording and analysing of data from equipment failures.
- Responsible for liaising with, working with and co-coordinating the activities of outside contractors.
- Responsible for planning and carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance activities.
- Assist operations in improving uptime on the equipment by applying problem solving techniques.
- Working on bespoke assembly fixtures and conveyor systems, utilising knowledge with pneumatics, electrics and PLC systems (Siemens / Allen Bradley) as well as robotics and SCADA systems.
The successful Maintenance Technician will demonstrate:
- Technical Diploma
- Minimum 2 years of experience in maintenance
- Ability to cooperate with people of different levels inside / outside the company and to interact with team to reach team goals and business objectives
- Ability to recognise and respond to customer expectations with sense of urgency and even increase expectations
- Ability to take full responsibility for decisions & results even when all elements are not under individual direct control
- Ability to identify and eliminate health, safety, ergonomic and environmental hazards in workplace
- Preferable other certified skills include: 17th Edition, MEWPs / Working at height and forklift truck licence.
A prerequisite to being appointed to this role will require expertise in PLC control panel fault finding and extensive knowledge of Siemens, Allen Bradley, ABB etc.
If you seek a challenging role with great prospects and can manage intense pressure and able to meet tight deadline then we want to hear from you.
Maintenance Technician - 3 Shift Pattern
Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire
Excellent salary + shift allowance + benefits