Year Out Placement - Quantity Surveyor
Engage, Learn and Develop with Barhale
Year-out Placement – Quantity Surveyor
We are looking for an enthusiastic year-out placement student to join our commercial team from August 2018 to July 2019. This role will be based in our Walsall office and provides a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable practical commercial experience in a site and office-based environment. The role would greatly complement your academic studies with exciting and interesting on the job project experience. To be considered for the placement you should be currently studying for a quantity surveying degree or similar.
- Compile new subcontractor orders
- Compile tender packages from client specifications and send out to potential subcontractors and suppliers
- Ensure subcontractors and suppliers return tenders by completion date and chase up where late
- Collect quotations for tender packages and create Tender Quotation comparisons, highlighting all differences including price, specification, terms, lead times etc
- Keep up to date with plant on site and make sure it matches daily record sheets
- Collect and update specified areas of Commercial Plan
- Put together application for payment to client, including all substantiation
- Keep track of subcontractor invoices and process for payment
- Assist Quantity Surveyors with updating of forecasts and to prepare supervision costs for various projects
- Contact suppliers to obtain proof of delivery of products
- Ensure all daily site records are accurate and available for client inspection
- Prepare and print invoices from all Subcontractors for client Final Account audits
- Update weekly subcontractor payment forecast
- Commercial administrative assistance
We offer a competitive salary as well as a pension and benefits.
Barhale is one of the largest privately owned infrastructure specialists in the UK and was originally formed in 1980 as a specialist tunnelling contractor diversifying over the years into various civil engineering areas. Barhale works UK-wide across the water, transport, energy and developer services sectors providing design, construction and maintenance services under long-term contracts, with blue-chip public, regulated and private clients. The company employs over 600 people in the UK, has an annual turnover of £120m and a distinctive set of values that are fundamental to our approach to business sustainability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We are determined that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, pregnancy or maternity, gender re-assignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage or civil partnership, age, race or disability. All information will remain confidential to Barhale and will be handled in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960524247