Lead Gas Engineer
Location: Alvechurch, Birmingham
Working Hours: Permanent, Full Time, 45 hours per week
Salary: £33,000 - £36,000 per annum (depending on experience) + benefits including company share incentive, pension, company vehicle or allowance and fuel card & 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
A successful commercial and domestic heating installations and maintenance company is on the lookout for an experienced Lead Gas Engineer with both domestic and commercial ACS Gas Qualifications and a Full UK Driving Licence to join their team.
They work with numerous blue chip clients throughout a range of sectors including restaurants and hotel groups, manufacturing industries and automotive sectors.
This role would suit an experienced time-served engineer, or potentially an engineer who has spent time self-employed, who may be looking to move into a managerial role coming off the tools in the future.
About the Role
As their Lead Gas Engineer, you will be involved in the following:
- Supervising their existing engineers when serving domestic and commercial boilers
- Undertaking boiler breakdown repairs
- Providing technical assistance on difficult jobs
- Training up-and-coming engineers
- Ensuring compliance across the board
- Working with the company director to quote and estimate projects
- Quantifying materials & scaling drawings and schematics
- ACS Gas Qualifications (both domestic & commercial)
- Mechanical or plumbing experience
- Full UK driving licence
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of commercial/domestic
- heating systems & gas regulations
- Ability to diagnose boiler breakdowns
- Previous experience quoting or estimating projects,
- running jobs, supervising engineers & working with drawings
- Flexible approach & excellent attention to detail
- Capable of working in a team and on own initiative
- Computer literate
- Positive, can-do attitude with customer service focus
- Strong organisational, time management & communication skills
- Willingness to work some antisocial hours if requested e.g. weekend call out rota (on average 1 in 3 weekends per month)
- Other relevant qualifications e.g. LPG and Commercial Catering (advantageous)
Sound interesting? Click on the APPLY button now.
Candidates with previous job titles including Lead Gas Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Commercial Gas Engineer, Plumber, Domestic Gas Engineer, Plumbing, ACS Gas, Mechanical Engineer, LPG, Gas Safe Engineer, Commercial Catering, Gas Technician will be considered.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960522588