Current Vehicle Engineering (CVE) Function Engineer
I am currently looking for a Current Vehicle Engineering (CVE) Function Engineer to join a luxury automotive OEM.
I am looking for highly motivated Engineers with experience or an interest in the following sub-systems,
- HVAC, Exhaust, Heat shields, SREA (Function)
Engineers are responsible for complete systems on all current vehicle lines in production and also in warranty.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Warranty / Customer vehicle support – Technical support request (TSR) investigations and worldwide dealer visit/support, liaising closely with AMTECH and Client services to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Engineering solutions – Vehicle investigations into warranty / production issues, Engineering vehicle / static ABA testing to prove out root cause analysis, DVP testing & validation support.
- Production line support - Play a key part in ensuring the quality of parts supplied to the production line in a fast-moving manufacturing / production environment.
- Containment – Quickly identify and implement effective and robust containments to issues which arise on the assembly line, at the supplier or in the field.
- Problem resolution – Have a methodical approach to problem solving with an ability to react quickly to identify root cause. Experience in problem solving required, using 8D, G8D, PPS, 6 Sigma or similar.
- Concern and top issue Feedback – Feedback concerns at various forums to all levels including VP’s.
- Concern management & Engineering change – Manage all open concerns taking the appropriate action to contain and then implement a robust, cost effective permanent corrective action (engineering change). This involves marking up drawings, liaising with suppliers, understand feasibility, cost, timing, stock obsolescence testing, running line trials and working with Manufacturing Engineering and Production to confirm build process and problem resolution.
- DPV / RFT improvement – Provide engineering support to the production lines for containment and problem resolution of build issues caused by design, engineering, production or supplier quality issues.
- Parts quality and supplier engineering requests (PPAP / SPAP and SREA Management) – Sign off part quality and Supplier Requests for Engineering Approval following the SPAP / PPAP process.
- Supplier support & investigations – Supplier investigations to identify issues with key processes on or off site and working with suppliers to drive continuous improvements in supplier manufacturing process and support supplier resourcing activities.
- Setting standards – Update Vehicle Inspection Standards (VIS)
- Warranty analysis – One of the roles within CVE also includes the analysis of warranty data to identify problems with cars in the field and emerging trends, examining returned parts to determine root cause whether design, parts or process then releasing robust solutions and following through to implementation. The role also involves direct liaison with dealerships and in house technical support.
- Process development – In order to support CVE development and continuous process improvements, each engineer will have window roles which need to be developed, standardised and trained out to the rest of the team and potentially rolled out across other divisions.
- Travel – Be willing to travel both within the UK and abroad.
Qualification and Experience:
- Degree level qualified or equivalent experience
- Experience of practical problem solving (and a knowledge of PPS / 8D / G8D / 6 Sigma is beneficial)
- Good general knowledge of the mechanical architecture of a vehicle
- Working knowledge of a variety of component manufacturing process
- Worked in OE or Tier 1 manufacturing environment (CVE / PVT / Plant Quality / STA)
- Experience of dealing with next tier suppliers & working as part of cross functional teams
- Understands CAD, technical drawings & drawing standards,
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word & Powerpoint)
- Full UK driving license
- Working knowledge of Exhaust systems, Heat shielding & HVAC systems
- Experience of component design
- Has used / experience of parts approval processes (PPAP/SPAP or equivalent)
- Made or used inspection standards (parts (PQS) / vehicle (VIS))
- Chairing meetings and running effective meeting minutes / CCARs & Good communications skills
- Team centre / 3D CAD manipulation
If you are interested in this position please click APPLY NOW!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960520261