BIW Build Technician
Based in Wellesbourne, this role will support the Prototype Operations department in the development of new/existing programs/initiatives by part manufacture and BIW build.
• Assembly of Tub/BIW using sub assembly and main assembly fixtures
• Manufacture /sub-assembly of relevant components
• Assembly of components and fit to vehicle / buck in sequence of build, adhering to process planning sheets or work request sheet.
• Provide flexible support as required in both BIW part machining and BIW assembly.
• Produce templates directly from the vehicle and use them to manufacture simple brackets.
Key Skills & Experience
• Working in the assembly of prototype or race vehicles. (Essential)
• Must have worked with and without drawings to develop mechanical installation solutions. (Essential)
• Machining experience with manual milling, turning etc (Desirable)
• Competent in body assembly using adhesive joining process (Desirable)
• Team player but also able to work independently
• Self-starting, relishes challenges
• Problem solver
• Flexible and adaptable to new situations
• Must be prepared to work in both BIW parts manufacture and assembly as program demands dictate.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960523454