Location: Homebased, with frequent travel to Bicester and other FD Group sites
This role would suit someone with previous experience of leading cost out programmes
Scope of the Role
Directly reporting to the Head of Programmes/Programme Manager, the role works virtually across the Fresh Direct Group business. Typically, you will be leading complex projects with budgets in excess of £1m, with benefits that have a material impact on the strategic plan and typically managing teams with over c10 resources with matrix reporting lines. These projects may be high profile with significant business impact. You will need to work across the business and be able to form credible relationships at all levels and within all areas of the organisation.
The role provides oversight of project activity that relates to both running and changing the business.
The key accountabilities are as follows:
- Design and apply an appropriate project management framework for the Project
- Full responsibility for definition, documentation and satisfactory completion of projects assigned.
- Production and maintenance of realistic project plans Ensure regular quality reviews occur and project assurance roles are within agreed reporting structures
- Ensure that standards identified in the project process are adhered to, completion approval
- Manage change control and ensure project deliverables are completed within planned cost and timescales and resource and budgets are signed off.
- Provide effective leadership to the project team and take appropriate action where team performance deviates below standards.
- Maintain required configuration management of project documentation.
- Act as the single point of contact for all stakeholder groups and maintain appropriate communication channels.
- Facilitates open communication and discussion to understand stakeholder needs and detailed requirements & maintain open communication with stakeholders throughout the project
- Analyses requirements for fitness of purpose as well as adherence to business objectives an consistency, challenging positively as appropriate.
- Conducts business impact assessment from 'as is’ processes and systems to the 'to be’ processes, systems and structures and impact on specific organisations and roles.
- Outlines how the new structure, jobs, teams and roles need to change to enable future business processes and aligns existing jobs/organisation structure to new processes.
- Project. Prepares and monitors the project finances within approved budgets.
- Prepare and monitor project benefits, ensuring appropriate phasing
- Identifies assesses and manages project risks and issues, including the development of contingency plans for the success of the project
- Manages progress and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary
- Prepares and manages interdependencies ensuring the impact to timelines is monitored.
- Report through agreed reporting lines on project progress through highlight reports and stage assessments as agreed
- Conduct end of project evaluation to assess project and prepare and end project report and a lessons learnt report
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with relevant Project / Programme management qualifications
- Experience of running large, complex business change projects or programmers (experience of a Supply Chain business would be ideal) managing budgets over £1m
- Strong commercial acumen with proven practical ability for investment appraisal, resource allocation and risk and issues management
- Experience at the highest level of building and managing effective partnerships and handling conflict resolution across divisions at a senior level
- A strong leader with an exceptional track record of managing and developing both direct and virtual teams within a fast paced and changing environment
- Experience of introducing new ways of working, balancing best practice against specific organisational requirements / cultural considerations
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to present information concisely in a manner applicable to all levels
- Successfully leading matrix teams to deliver a shared agenda and outcome
- Ability to flex style and approach depending on cultural context of organisations
Fresh Direct is one of the UK’s top wholesale food suppliers, supplying the best restaurant brands on the high street. We’re looking to add to our team in a number of key areas and we need people who are passionate about the job they do, committed to developing strong working relationships across the business, and driven by the need to deliver nothing but the very best results.
Plus we are not alone, Fresh Direct is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including M&J Seafood, Wild Harvest, Fresh Fayre and Fresh Kitchen. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier.