FEU Fleet Technician - Mechanical
The purpose of the role is to support daily FEU Fleet operations. The Technician is expected to liaise with internal Customers at all levels to interpret fault conditions for accurate and timely diagnosis.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
• With reference to work planning sheets / engineering work sheets and supervisor’s instructions:
• Carry out safety checks, servicing & maintenance FEU fleet vehicles.
• Prepare vehicles for evaluation and testing.
• Work and support FEU activities on and off site as required.
• Manufacture /sub-assembly of relevant components from drawings
• Carry out RIS updates on pre-production cars
• Carry out Warranty work on fleet as required
• Adhere to company safety, housekeeping and discipline standards
• Ability to work with drawings / specification data to carry out territory conversions
• Identify, by means of ECMS any improvements to or mismatches of parts or operations that will assist in both product and /or process quality improvements.
• Storage of controlled substances / components safely in correct location(s).
• Support quality, productivity and process improvements initiatives e.g. Kaizan, 6 Sigma and PPS initiatives.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Completion of an appropriate automotive apprenticeship (or equivalent) and relevant experience.
• Ability to read, interpret and work to engineering drawings /process sheets.
• Good communication skills and a general understanding of computers.
• Clean Driving Licence
• Candidates should be aware that they might be required to work away from base (e.g. at another plant or abroad) for short periods of time.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960520169