Contracts Manager / QS
The Contract Manager reports to the Senior Commercial Manager and, as allocated, provides contract management services to the Bid and Project teams, according to business needs and the stage of a specific opportunity / project. Working closely with the Bid Team Lead and/or the Project Manager he/she will support pre-contract and operational delivery, helping to manage commercial risk and opportunity and ensuring compliance with company procedures.
Ideally from a Quantity Surveying background (Mechanical & Electrical)
MUST have NEC3 experience!
* For allocated Bids and/or Projects oversees the contract management process, serving as point of contact for customers for any contractual matters, both in the bid and in the contract implementation phase.
* Identifying the potential "deal breakers" (according to the company's policy), proposing possible deviations to mitigate contractual/economic risks.
* Drafting, evaluation, negotiation and guidance on confidentiality agreements, cooperation agreements with partners, contracts with customers, requests for contract/agreement amendments.
* Detailed review of the contractual Terms & Conditions proposed by Customers, assuring accuracy and appropriateness of contract texts and attachments, ensuring that proposals are aligned to company's policies and procedures.
* Establishment, discussion and negotiation with customers and partners of the contractual agreements and clauses.
* Support the Procurement Dept in contract negotiations with suppliers and flow down of head contract terms / requirements.
* Managing and keeping up to date the contract change registers.
* Support the Project Manager and the Senior Commercial Manager with any internal reporting.
* Drafting and negotiation of contract claims including evidence gathering.
* Support the Project Manager during change control discussions, claims or contract disputes.
* Assist the Project Controls function where required in cost and expenditure planning.
* Provide post contract award commercial services up to and including Final Account.
* Per Project , ensure all contract administration timelines are understood and that all contract documentation is produced on time, properly approved and logged in a controlled and auditable manner
Your future in Nuclear. Specialising in the design and manufacture of bespoke engineering solutions for the nuclear energy, nuclear decommissioning and defence markets, our client is a key player. They design, engineer, manufacture, assemble, test, commission and install, as well as offering ongoing specialist support services. They are a core subsidiary of a global Italian group that operates in over 90 countries and is Italy's largest supplier, installer and service provider in this sector.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960522493