Primary Transport Manager
Job Title: Primary Transport Manager Location: Derby GB08174
Reporting to the Transport Operational Manager the role has direct responsibility for managing the Primary Transport operation at Derby NDC to ensure effective management of the budget, efficiency and service standards.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- The safe operation of all Primary Transport activities in Derby, ensuring compliance with H&S legislation & safe systems of work. This encompasses 18-28 vehicles, 60 Drivers, and a total management and admin team of approx 15.
- Ensure legal compliance to the Traffic Commissioners Operating Licenses' set down by the Traffic Commissioners.
- Ensure sites conform and work with the Vehicle Operator Licensing Agency inspections.
- Ensure the service providers Orsam Trailers and Iveco are managed in accordance with the SLA's set down by the Kuehne Nagel procurement contract.
- Ensuring that the delivered service to the relevant KNDL transit points is provided and targets are achieved and exceeded.
- Work closely with the warehouse operation at Derby NDC to ensure SLA's are achieved to manage the operation effectively
- Ensure regular and effective communication methods / mechanisms are developed.
- Maximise the utilisation of the National Operating Agreement and other relevant policies and procedures.
Your skills and experience
- Education - Degree or Equivalent
- CPC national or International
- Demonstrate people development, motivational, communication and team skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of multi site Primary Transport operations, UK Distribution legislation and working best practices
- Exposure to operating within Primary Distribution
- Exposure to operating within a commercial environment sufficient to develop effective customer service and commercial understanding
- Strategic Management Awareness
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Health and Safety and associated regulations
What you'll get:
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. What we will provide includes:
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company induction & training
Any questions? Contact us directly at:
With more than 76,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management. Learn more >> kncareers.com