We are searching for a Studio Engineer, for an 18 week contract, to be based in Gaydon.
The Body Concept and Design Integration Team is a recently formed team within the Body Engineering Department. It is responsible for the Body Engineering deliverables for all programmes in the formative stages; from Kick-Off gateway in the company's vehicle Product Creation Delivery System (PCDS) till the establishment of full Body Engineering module teams at Programme Start gateway. This role works directly with the Design feasibility Teams and company World Class Component Engineers to develop the clay feasibility models for Programme start. Your role in the concept stages will be to interrogate the relevant Body CoC CAD offers on new programmes to understand if they all work as a vehicle system to deliver a world class product. Where disconnects are found options need to be modelled in CAD and presented for the Business to agree what improvements/ trades are going to be made to resolve the issue. With the aid of the CoCs/ Design/ Attributes etc.. you will lead the ment of offers to deliver world Class PQ.
The candidate will have the following skills
- Skilled user of Catia v5 is a minimum requirement
- Engineering knowledge of Body systems, design, function, performance, production & manufacturing requirements with a system engineering approach.
- Excellent communications skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels
The candidate should ideally have
- You need a passion for detail and Perceived Quality.
- Broad automotive product engineering background (previous CAD experience is essential) and previous experience of a systems approach to engineering.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, self-confidence and a 'passion for the product' are a must and you'll need the ability to drive the numerous Teams to the best system solution.
- This role allows you to have a direct input into our next generation of vehicles.
- Should hold a valid UK driving license and meet the medical requirements of the facilities.
- Ideally within the automotive sector or adjacent industries, e.g. rail, aerospace, defence, energy etc
- Have experience in working in a conceptual technical environment or Design studio. AVA knowledge or potential for AVA Tce
- Ideally degree educated
Must be an EU Citizen to apply
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960521244