Full Stack Java Developer
If you're organised, have a high attention to detail and are customer focused then we can offer you a great career here at Severn Trent.
The Application Developer's main role is to manage the contribution to new development and provide support for the Application Services Java space based on an in depth analysis of technical and functional needs. The role requires experience and in-depth knowledge of Java.
The successful candidate will be required to analyse requirements, create solution options reports, develop and support the Java applications although it should be noted that this is principally a development role with support activities as the team has Development and Support responsibilities to its customers. The Java Application Developer will report directly to the Digital Technologies Technical Team Manager.
It's a great role for people who have the skillset to work on a customer facing website involving integration with external systems like ESRI maps, SAP etc. via web services: Java/J2EE skills gained through enterprise scale developments/ Struts/ Spring Core / MVC/ Servlets / JSP/ Adobe Experience Manager or any other content management system/ Experience of EAI, Service orientated architectures (SOAP and REST) SQL Server skills, JDBC/ Knowledge of different testing strategies and relevant benefits/ Web Servers/Application Servers experience
Desirable: Adobe Experience Manager/ AngularJS/ Play/Play2.
As a Full Stack Java Developer, your key skills and competencies will include:
- Design, Build, Test and have involvement in all stages of the project and development lifecycles.
- Has a keen interest in producing solution options and performing development for mobile and web applications as well as for legacy systems.
- Enjoys learning new technologies - this may take many forms including formal training or through discovery
- Be part of the Application Services Java Technical team providing 2nd and 3rd Level application support to ST business colleagues.
- Manages transition from development to support, as and when any project / enhancement are moved to production and provide sign-off on completion of transition against agreed acceptance criteria.
* Java training and experience in relevant development technology and toolset.
* Degree Qualified or equivalent
* Certified Java Programmer / Developer
Severn Trent benefits include:
* A starting salary of up to £45,000 (depending upon experience)
*Fantastic Pension scheme
*28 days' holiday plus 8 bank holidays, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 additional days per year
*Full range of Flexible benefits such as:
oSMART water - save money on your bills
oPrivate medical insurance
We are based in the heart of Coventry City Centre, only a short walk to the local train / bus stations.
Our new refreshing site also offers fantastic facilities with an onsite Costa coffee and canteen who cater for all needs, and if not, it's only a short walk into town to pick from a variety of restaurants.
As soon as you step into our modern Coventry head office, you can feel that this is a dynamic business. We're the world's fourth largest privately owned water company, listed on the FTSE-100 and serving 8 million customers.
Strong leadership is vitally important to us. We care about what we do and we set high standards. You'll experience the commercial cut and thrust of a £multi-million FTSE 100 business as well as being part of a company with huge responsibility for ensuring the future of our water.
We invest in our people and our technology and it shows - our latest employee survey showed that 9 out 10 people within IT like the work they do.
We want our people to be part of an organisation that celebrates diversity and individual thinking as we believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is important for success. We seek to ensure that every employee and every application we receive, without exception, is treated equally and fairly.