Mechanical Manufacturing Technician
Our client is one of THE major international brands and in the UK alone their products are used by millions of people daily. In the UK they operate from 11 locations, employing over 4,500 people and are consistently listed as one of the top UK companies to work for.
We are looking for Manufacturing Technicians to work in their Coventry site.
Categories: Manufacturing and Production
This is an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Technician to join a busy Operations team based at a manufacturing site in Coventry.
The Coventry Plant is their biggest snacks manufacturing site in the UK with the largest automated multi-pack area in the world. It's also the home to two of the nation's favourite snacks!
The Manufacturing Technician (MT) role directly influences the efficiency of the line through ability to identify issues early, to communicate well with other team members and to resolve day-to-day technical issues.
The activities undertaken by the Manufacturing Technician are varied, and will span production, engineering, quality and hygiene. The Manufacturing Technician has clear, measurable accountabilities, with certain routine and repeatable actions taken every day. They are responsible for the shift's Key Performance Indictors (KPI) performance in their area and will be expected to work with other team members in that area in order to ensure that standards are maintained. They will also understand activities upstream and downstream from their area and will take steps to influence actions taken in other parts of the plant in order to achieve the best overall result for the shift.
- The Manufacturing Technician activities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring that the machines in their area operate within the expected parameters.
- Identifying and resolving root causes of machine inefficiencies.
- Identifying trends in the faults being seen and taking appropriate action to resolve.
- Carrying out quality checks driving quality improvements and taking action in a timely way where product is out of specification.
- Carrying out planned maintenance in line with the preventative maintenance plan. This will include stripping, sanitising, lubricating, checking for wear, re-building and re-starting a machine.
- Fault diagnosis on mechanical equipment and to carry out detailed analysis of all faults to determine root causes.
- Production tasks may involve an element of directing activities of General Operators, e.g. relocating to other machines.
Qualifications/Requirements Experience Required:
- Strong Technical Skills relating to machine fault finding and repair
- Strong Mechanical Maintenance capability/experience with a recognised qualification
- Undertake development programme to learn organisation specific technical and operational competencies and personal effectiveness.
- Can apply previous skills and experience to understand and develop skills in machine operation, fault finding and repair.
- Logical approach to problem solving and proven practical skills on plant equipment.
- Self directed with good planning and co-ordination skills.
- Able to communicate effectively and influence others.
- Desirable - previous factory / food manufacturing work experience.
This shift based role comes with a salary of £33,616 (including shift, handover and communication day allowances).
Working on a continental shift pattern; Rotating 12 hour days and nights. There are also other additional benefits including a staff shop, free on site parking, defined contribution pension scheme and automatic Life Assurance Cover as well as the option to participate in salary sacrifice schemes, including; cycle to work, buy/sell holidays, childcare vouchers, gymflex, health cash plan and car scheme.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960522091