Electrical Vehicle Architectures Engineer
*The Research department develops new technologies and features for vehicles up to Concept Ready, thoroughly developing concepts and proving them out before handing over to mainstream engineering functions for productionisation.
*The Research department uses a robust technology delivery system, called ‘Technology Creation Development System’ (TCDS).
*This is applied to most programme technology delivery projects.
*Another framework, called ‘Milestone’, is used for projects such as University Research, Blue Sky Research and feasibility including proof of technical concept studies.
*There now exists an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic Engineer within the Future Electrical Vehicle Architectures team.
*This team is focussed on the development of a new and flexible electrical architecture concept that will enable the Autonomous, Connected and Electrified vehicle features of the future.
*The engineer will be responsible for running a number of projects themselves under the guidance of the Research Leads.
*The outputs of the projects could range from bench top demonstrations, to full proof of concepts within a vehicle as appropriate and showcasing these to the Seniors in the company as required.
*Alongside this a high level of engineering capability will be required to ensure the concepts are well defined and realisable when taken forward to production.
*Project covers all stages of technology product development, with a specific focus on future vehicle architectures: Customer and system level requirements gathering, Competitor benchmarking and literature review, Data collection and analysis, Software and hardware (electronics) development to test and prove out concepts, Validation and trials, Working with and managing external companies/institutions to leverage the best technologies and knowledge, Proactively identifying and progressing future collaboration and project opportunities.
3 Key Skills:
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Electronics/Mechatronics/Robotics, Telecoms or similar.
- Strong knowledge in one or more of the following areas Cybersecurity Telecoms: 4G/5G technologies Cloud comms/telematics/V2X Functional Safety Vehicle Networks / Ethernet technologies / Networks topologies.
- Programming experience (Python/C++/C#/Java/Matlab). Have a proven track record of delivering complex projects to agreed timings, the ability to lead to resolution the key strategic and technical issues within a team environment and be able to work with minimal supervision to drive forward all projects within the team.
*Personal Profile Essential:
- A self-starter, confident communicator and motivator.
- Good project management, time management and planning skills.
- Able to demonstrate capability against company business behaviours.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new situations.
- “Hacking" skills (finding software and hardware solutions for new problems).
- Have a knowledge of electrical systems and development processes.
- Experience of Systems Engineering and Failure Mode Avoidance techniques.
- Have worked within a research/advanced engineering environment.
- Delivered work on a research project (either academically, or within industry).
- Knowledge of the TCDS process and deliverables.
*40 hours per week with 3.30pm finish on Fridays
*Recruitment Consultant: Pav Due
Our clients are unable to provide sponsorship for Tier 2 visas; therefore, only candidates eligible to work in the UK need apply!
Here at Cattrell Hudson we pride ourselves on the service we offer to both clients and candidates. Providing the best possible service is mandatory to us, and this has helped us develop and grow our candidate base over the years. We see all of our candidates as individuals and always do our best to meet their expectations.
CH Technical Referral Scheme.
As part of our candidate attraction strategy we believe it is only right to thank those who point good people in our direction.
Dependent on the level of the role you could receive up to £300 if a successful candidate is placed in one of our live vacancies.
To recommend a friend or colleague simply email us their name, contact details and the type of role(s) and location(s) they would be interested in.
Terms & Conditions:
-If you are a limited company contractor or through an umbrella company, all payments are to be invoiced to Cattrell Hudson Partners Limited and will be paid within 30 days
-If you are a permanent employee, this will be paid as a salary bonus
-Candidates must not already be in contact with CH or on our database
-Payment is due only after a placed contractor has completed 26 weeks of the contract
-Payment is due only after a placed permanent employee passes the probation and rebate period
-Payment is only due on initial placement – further placements are excluded
-There is no limit to the number of candidates you may refer
In the event of any dispute, CH Technical Recruitment’s decision is final.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960519607