Purchase Ledger Clerk
PURCHASE LEDGER - NEWCASTLE-UNDER-LYME - £17000 TO £18000 - PERMANENT
Macildowie are currently recruiting for an experienced purchase ledger to join the accounting department of our client's international and growing business and provide support with various clerical duties.
THE ROLE AND YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supporting the accounting staff with Accounts Payable and Bought Ledger
- Reconciliation of Purchase Ledger Statements, including correction of posting errors and approval of invoices
- Ensuring the raising and processing of invoices in a timely manner
- Managing returns/debit notes including raising queries with suppliers and processing credit notes
- Managing overdue purchase (& possibly sales) orders, chasing paperwork as part of month-end process
- Coordinating the above with sales team/other staff to resolve bottlenecks/issues and implementing solutions
- Scanning delivery notes onto the system
- Control of depot petty cash
- General administration including document scanning and filing and assisting the accounting department with other relevant tasks as required
THE EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- At least 2 years experience in a similar purchase ledger role
- Strong computer literacy including experience using an accountancy package and MS Office, particularly Microsoft Excel (with previous use of Great Plains Dynamics software as an advantage)
- Good communication skills and confidence dealing with suppliers and internal colleagues
- An ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace with strong attention to detail
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced purchase ledger to join a team on a permanent basis. If you are interested and have the relevant experience then please do not hesitate to send over your CV!
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.