Performance and Durability Technician
EB5232 Performance and Durability Technician
Salary: £22,000 to £28,000 DOE
Location: Nuneaton, West Midlands
An exciting requirement for an PD Technicianhas arisen to work with a world class, independent engineering consultancy, operating in multiple locations around the world, to support vehicle manufacturers and their supply chain with cutting-edge engineering and testing expertise.
The role of PD Technician shall work alongside the experienced Performance & Durability (P&D) engineers, supporting and assisting them in delivering vehicle development programs. This role shall include the fitment of test equipment, diagnosing vehicle faults, assisting engineers with vehicle testing, fitting components to vehicles, fabrication of bracketry rigs and parts to aid development. The PD Technician must be qualified to a formal vocational qualification in vehicle engineering or related discipline (NVQ3 or C&G in an automotive field) and also have a Full UK Driving License and HGV License.
Applications from ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged.
- Preparing vehicles for test including safety inspections (commercial and passenger car).
- Diagnosis of vehicle issues.
- Fitting vehicle instrumentation and be familiar with vehicle measurement techniques.
- Fabricating as required to support testing requirements.
- Maintenance of equipment, rigs and facilities.
- Communication with MIRA colleagues and with customers.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Full UK/EU driving license
- Formal vocational qualification in vehicle engineering or related discipline (NVQ3 or C&G in an automotive field)
- HGV license
- Experience and knowledge of working
- with a wide range of vehicle types
- Experience on working with HGVs
- General vehicle service and repair including electrical diagnosis.
- Ability to fabricate brackets and rigs to support testing
- Knowledge of vehicle mechanical and electrical systems
- Ability to operate in a customer facing role
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Proficient in the use of PC based software and systems
- Ability to mentor less experienced technicians
- FLT License
- Instrumentation knowledge and installation
- Experience of xEV’s
- Experience in vehicle development
- Experience in defence and off highway vehicles
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.